Saturday, April 11, 2015

September 02, 2011 -- Cinderella Doll Dress

A customer asked me to make a doll dress for an 18" Madame Alexander doll, similar to one that her 18" porcelain doll wears.,  Here is the dress I was to copy:





Sewing the dress:  First, after pinning light-weight interfacing to the pale blue acetate, I filled a bobbin with metallic gold thread.  Then I sewed a cross-hatch pattern on the bodice, front and back.  Next, I gathered the sleeves onto the cuffs and affixed lace and ribbon.






Now to sew on the gold trim, put in the sleeves, and sew lace to the netting.  This fine, sparkly netting will overlay the skirt in two layers.






I used my narrowest overlock on the seams.  




And now it is done, and here is the Madame Alexander doll, all decked out in her completed dress:




There are snaps under the buttons.



I still need to make a garland for her hair.




The flower headpiece is done -- silk flowers and ribbon sewn on a scrunchie:





No comments:

Post a Comment