Saturday, April 11, 2015

June 14, 2014 -- Clothes for the Paper Dolls of Fabric

I had thought to wait until I was all done with the doll clothes before taking pictures, but a large number of people were calling for pictures!  Pictures!  Pictures now!  Thus, I present these photos of the not-quite-done doll clothes in order to calm the masses.

I still need to apply small buttons, flowers, and other gewgaws before doing some topstitching, then using a blanket stitch to fasten the pieces together (they are only glued, at the moment).  Next, I need to cut a backing of muslin, affix front to back with fusible web, and then attach the little circles of Velcro.  There will be a total of 52 little outfits.  These 9 are glued together (would be 11, but those last 2 have somehow lost their sleeves).  8 more are ready to be glued together, and 33 still need to be traced onto freezer paper and cut from fabric.













No comments:

Post a Comment