Saturday, April 11, 2015

January 21, 2010 -- Emma's Bear Family



Just after Christmas 2009, Emma informed my sister, her great aunt, that she liked bears.  "And I REALLY like dressed bears!" she added.

That, because she'd seen the 'dressed bear' Joanna had gotten for Christmas.

Fortunately, Emma's birthday was coming soon -- so 'dressed bears' is exactly what she got.

Papa Bear






Mama Bear





Baby Bear



Papa Bear with the addition of a shirt.  I eventually decided he looked better with his shirt on.  I'd asked a few people their opinion, and my, oh, my, if that didn't turn into some debate!  I didn't know people would be so passionate over such a thing as a shirt for a stuffed bear.  One or two who were adamant that he absolutely must have a shirt were downright offended when I decided to send him off shirtless.  Evidently they thought a shirt for Papa Bear was a bear necessity!




Toy Bear for Baby Bear

The satin flower on this little Boyd's bear had come off, so I embroidered a daisy on her foot.






Suddenly Tabby landed on the shelf, smack-dab in the middle of picture-taking.  Tabby always must have his picture taken, if anyone is pointing a camera.

Okay, now, how are we posing?

Like this?

Or is this bettah?  I like to put my best side forward...


We gave Emma the Bear Family for her birthday, along with a card with photos of the bears and Tabby, too.  She looked at the front of the card... opened it -- and immediately cried in delight, "There's Tabby!"


No comments:

Post a Comment